Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Book Sale Finds

When travelling, I have a natural tedancy to turn my head when I see signs for bookstores. A sign for a "book sale" will often get me to hit the brakes and swerve across lanes of traffic. This is exactly what happened over the weekend when I found myself in Alamosa, Colorado, in the southern part of the state. At $1.00 for hardbacks, and $.50 for paperbacks, here's what I nabbed:

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - Tom Stoppard
Fear and Trembling - Kierkegaard
A Lesson Before Dying - Ernest Gaines
Zombie - Joyce Carol Oates
Childwold - Joyce Carol Oates
Absurdistan - Gary Shteyngart
After Dark - Haruki Murakami

The real find of the day, though, was a rare edition of Anna Kavan's Julia and the Bazooka. Made a whole gas-guzzling, rainy, and wind-blown camping trip worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Although windblown, cold and rainy, I enjoyed every minute of it--the Great Sand Dunes were just that.

    ReplyDelete