Saturday, January 27, 2007

Professor Ford

I finally finished Richard Ford's The Lay of the Land, but I am not yet prepared to give you my full assessment. A book that long requires some time to digest, and probably also requires a review of relative length.

In the meantime I see that Ed Champion has interviewed Ford, or he was at least there to record his dispensation of words of wisdom (LINK). In addition, Ford has given excellent interviews for Bookworm and Between the Lines.

Ford tends to come off as if he knows a few things, as if he's got most things in writing and life all figured out. You may not agree, but he has some thoughts that every writer should give a listen to.

I'll get to my reader-response sort of review in due course. In the meantime I've taken up AM Homes's Things You Should Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment