Monday, January 01, 2007

So this is the new year


A new year and a time for resolutions. My resolution each year is to be a better person, to do better at everything I do. This includes writing, or the effort I put into it. I bought myself a timer and am going to try to write a minimum of an hour a day. That may not sound like much, but with full time work and spending time with my toddler and taking care of a pregnant wife stealing an hour to myself is pretty tricky.

An hour should, on most occasions, generate about 500 words. So, even giving myself one night off a week, I should be able to produce 3000 words a week. That should really help to pick up my pace on "the project." Right now I'm at about 150 hand-written pages with about an average of 300 words a page, so I should be somewhere in excess of 45,000 words. And still not halfway through the thing. If I can write more often I can probably get the first draft completed in less than a year from when I started.

Just think what I could do with two hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment