Saturday, June 02, 2007

Book Sale Haul Pt. 1

Day one of the library book sale while price are still (fire-sale) high. They sell 'em by the bag on Sunday, so there'll be more.
  • Troubled Sleep - Jean-Paul Sartre (a first American edition that I probably already have)

  • For Whom The Bell Tolls - Ernest Hemingway (a hardback reissue from 1968)

  • The Death of Sweet Mister - Daniel Woodrell (after the beauty of Winter's Bone, it is time to dig back in his catalog)

  • Black Swan Green - David Mitchell (I heard a short interview with him yesterday and it made me want to read this one)

  • Color of Law - David Milofsky (Denver Post columnist and CSU workshop prof)

  • Therapy - Steven Schwartz (another CSU teacher and my former advisor)

  • Sanctuary - William Faulkner (I will get through all of Faulkner's works eventually)

  • The Reivers - William Faulkner (this one has a nice early 70's cover--and back copy--from when a movie was made of it with Steve McQueen)

  • Middlemarch - George Eliot (everyone in the world seems to cite this book, so I'd better get around to reading it)

  • One Writer's Beginnings - Eudora Welty (of course)

  • Existentialism & Alienation in American Literature - Sidney Finklestein (if I'd have gone for an MA in Lit, this would have been my thesis)
So, I guess my reading list just got longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment