Friday, October 01, 2004

Debate Talking Points

Here are Kerry's key statements from the debate:

  • I believe America is safest and strongest when we are leading the world and when we are leading strong alliances.
  • I believe in being strong and resolute and determined. But we also have to be smart.
  • You don't take America to war unless you have a plan to win the peace.
  • We haven't done the work that ought to be done.
  • I will bring fresh credibility, a new start.
  • The truth is what good policy is based on. It's what leadership is based on.
  • We need to be smarter about how we wage a war on terror.
  • I've had one position, one consistent position: that Saddam Hussein was a threat, there was a right way to disarm him and a wrong way. And the president chose the wrong way.
  • You have the president's plan, which is four words: more of the same. I think my plan is better.
  • I have a plan to do it. He doesn't.
  • Saddam Hussein didn't attack us. Osama bin Laden attacked us.
  • I'll tell you this as president I'll never take my eye of that ball.
  • You have to earn that respect. And I think we have a lot of earning back to do.
  • It's one thing to be certain, but you can be certain and be wrong.
  • We didn't need to rush to war without a plan to win the peace.

Print this out. Carry it in your pocket. Mention these things to your friends. Reinforce it with the fact that Kerry won the debate because he had ideas, he has a plan. Tell them Comeback Kerry is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment