Monday, October 31, 2005

Second Try: Alito (Scalito)

From what I can gather from the snippets I've heard on the radio and read on the web, it sounds like Bush (along with attempting to distract us from high-level idictments) has delivered a nominee in the mold of Scalia as promised. I doesn't sound like we'll hear much of the intra-party dissent that filled talk radio since the Miers nomination. If the right can all agree, and agree quickly, about the nominee I don't think we will see much of a fight by the Democrats. I have to agree with The Note:

Our guess: the country ain't in the mood for a big fight, and the left is too disorganized and divided to mount one effectively.

If Alito is as staunchly conservative and his personal views will get in the way of his interpretation of the Constitution, then he must be opposed immediately. If we need to know more, we can wait and see. But I think it will be too late to oppose him by the time of the hearings

No comments:

Post a Comment