Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Da Vinci Hubbub

I have a hard time understanding what the noise is all about. Okay, so I understand that The Da Vinci Code was about a conspiracy by the Catholic Church to cover up the fact that Jesus married and had offspring. And, yes, I can understand that some might resent this notion. But the book was a phenomenal success. I didn't see a lot of people standing up and saying the book was heresy. In fact, many of the people I would expect to be upset by the book's notion were the ones buying the book.

So, to spite those who seek a boycott of the movie, tonight I am going to see the movie. Besides, I'm never going to read the book.

1 comment:

  1. You once told me that if I had a choice I should read the book instead of watching the movie. Well I liked the book so much I read it twice and never got around to the movie.

    ReplyDelete