Wednesday, December 07, 2005

More best of lists

Over at The Millions are some best books of 2005 lists put together by litbloggers. Certainly some good recommendations there.

In response to all of these lists, I thought I might put one together of my own. But that would assume that I've actually read something published in 2005. I have not. What I will do is list the best books I read in 2005. Because, as excited as we get about that new book smell, there's plenty of dusty books that deserve a read.

2 comments:

  1. Some of the lists at The Millions are "best books of the year." But for most of the lists I'm posting, I asked "What was the best book you read all year?" Because - I agree with you - most folks don't end up reading a lot of brand new books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, imagine for a second reading all the new books we wanted....
    I'm just trying to get through all the books on my shelf.

    See my posts on the best things I read this year.

    ReplyDelete