Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Politics vs. Literature

I have two loves. Okay, we can call them obsessions. They compete for my attention and for my energies. On a daily basis, Politics wins out over Literature. I get the news thrown at me on the radio and on the internet, getting me riled up and angry before I ever get to work, but what do I hear about literature? Oh, so very little. So, I’ve used this blog to point to news articles that deserve our attention and the occasional rant. And where’s the literature?

This blog began as an extension of Satoriworks, a showcase of emerging artists that has not yet come to full fruition. It was to be a place for my Satoriworks co-founder, David, and I to rant and argue about current issues, political, artistic or otherwise. David, though, thinks he is too busy to comment or even stay informed. Never mind that I’m the one who has been going to school to get my MFA while working full-time. So, it’s just been me here, spending too much time on one topic, while my focus should be elsewhere.

So, we will begin a shift here to focus more on literature. That means books (it’s such a great time of year for them) as well as writing. Look for me to still point out current news items that deserve attention, but we will look more at literature as well as the development of the Satoriworks site.

Besides, politics is sooooo depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment